Wales! Cymru or Wales Top Thirteen Best Things today…In no particular order here are a top thirteen of wonderful things associated with Wales:
1. Welsh dragon and flag – main picture.
2. St David and his cathedral.
3. Sheep and lots of them!
4. Welsh landscapes from the Brecon Beacons to the magnificent coast…
5. Sport – football and…
6. More sport – the national stadium for rugby
7. Wonderful coastline – estuaries, inlets and beaches.
8 & 9. Castles – there are so many…
10. Cottages and villages built of slate and stone.
11. The national flower is the daffodil and the national vegetable is the leek.
12. Welsh lady in national dress.
13. Welsh love spoon.
14. Sunset in Pembrokeshire.
Fun Tips: A few words of Welsh that could be useful:
Croeso – welcome
Bore da – good morning
Hwyl – goodbye
Beint o gwrw – a pint of beer
Y fwydlen – the menu
Rygbi – rugby
Caffi – cafe
As usual all info on Wales can be found on Visit Wales or @visitwales. I mention South and West Wales a lot, but also consider beautiful North Wales and places such as Llandudno and Portmeirion.
#miniblog #mybrittrip #brittrip2017 #brittrip #wales #cardiff #rugby #cardiffcity #dragon #welsh #castles #pembrokecastle #carewcastle #tenby #www.mybrittrip.com @rgtmum @brittrip2017 #rgtmum #StDavid