Greece today! 🇬🇷🇬🇷So as Greece has so many beautiful islands plus the mainland, I will just look at some interesting facts. For individual island info explore http://www.visitgreece.gr Meanwhile, here is some general info:
1. The capital of Greece is Athens.
2. The currency is the Euro and the language us Greek.
3. The climate is Mediterranean – mild temperatures, little rain and lots of sunshine. Summer is warmest, winters are mild.
4. Apart from the mainland, there are 6000 islands and 16000 km of coastline.
5. Greece is known for it’s history, particularly as the cradle of democracy, the Olympics and for ancient temples such as Delphi.
6. Greek music, architecture, jewelry, art, pottery, weaving and sculpture are all famous and easily identifiable.
7. Greek food is wonderful – that’s all I’ll say… …so take a trip, visit the islands or Athens and enjoy typical Greek hospitality.
Fun Fact: Greece has over 100 archaeological sites – see here for more info http://www.visitgreece.gr/en/culture/archaeological_sites
FYI – I will post more photos from Greece in the not too distant future! This photo is from the island of Alonnisos.
#greece #mediterraneansea #Mediterranean #vacation #holiday @brittrip2017 @rgtmum #greekislands #greekfood #greek #www.mybrittrip.com #brittrip2017 #Athens